The Granville Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1951 as an unincorporated association of volunteers in Granville, Vermont who felt the Town of Granville needed its own emergency response agency. Prior to that time Granville relied on fire protection services entirely from Hancock, Rochester, and Randolph.
Granville VFD was created initially through the fundraising efforts of the founding members with the help of the Moss Glen Grange. A portable pump, hoses, and gloves were purchased by the Grange and given to the care of the Chief Engineer of the Granville Fire Department. In October of 1951 the first officers of the department were elected. In March of 1952, the Town of Granville voted to give all fire response responsibility to the Granville VFD.
More history will be added shortly . . .